This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
Howdy all! So I have been so excited it’s fall with the leaves changing, sweater weather, and college football on every channel! Besides watching football, blogging, and law school, the fam has been going to the races out here in lil’ ol’ Kentucky! This month Keenland opened and, with us living so close, we stop by to check it all out weekly. In other news, guess who got a spray tan? Did I look like an Oompa Loompa? Yes, the first day, it had me debated whether I should have gone a shade darker and went as a pumpkin for Halloween this year. But having worked at a tanning salon a few years back I knew what I was getting my white self into when stepping into the booth. Now after a shower I’m rocking a lovely not-orange golden glow and loving it! It’s funny how having a tan can make you feel that much better about yourself even if it is fake! 😉
Speaking of Halloween I was determined to make some festive treats this year and boy did I hit the jack pot! Who doesn’t love pretzels chocolate and caramel? Nobody thats who! I came up with this Rolo Spider pretzels and chocolate spider webs! The webs took me half the time as the spiders but both worth the make! Here’s how you can make your own!
- White Chocolate
- Stick Pretzels
- Small Baggie
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Take 4 pretzel sitcks, break them in half and arrange in a circle.
- 4. Place a Rolo on top of the pretzels in the middle of the circle.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes. You just want the chocolate to get soft not actually start melting all over the place. That’s what happened to my poor other spiders! Well, lesson learned!
- While your spiders are in the oven, cut off a small amount of the white chocolate, place it into a small baggie and melt it in the microwave.
- Pull out your spiders and use your finger to push down the Rolos. This got a little messy so you could also use a mini oreo, or maybe candy corn to push down the Rolo!
- Cut the corner of your melted chocolate baggie to create a small pipe and squeeze on the spider eyes!
- Allow everything to harden and enjoy!
I had a ton of white chocolate, so when I ran out of Rolos I made these cute pretzel spider webs to go with my spiders! Just pipe on the chocolate and make sure you have quite a bit in the middle where the ends of the pretzels join! Try using some food coloring to make purple and orange webs, or finish it with halloween colored sprinkles!
Let me know what Halloween treats you come up with! Don’t miss a post by subscribing to our weekly newsletter in the sidebar (below for mobile)! Have fun! [themify_icon icon=”fa-heart-o” link=”http://”] Cassie Jean